What People Are Saying
We’ve had the wonderful opportunity to work with many talented musicians over the last few years. Here’s what some of them are saying about the Pikes Peak Ringers!
The Pikes Peak Ringers performances are musically engaging as well as providing a visual connection to the music.
– David Davidson, Handbell Clinician
The Pikes Peak Ringers have raised the bar for the rest of us in the orchestral space, playing Kevin’s amazing concerto for handbells and orchestra multiple times around the country. Thank you Kevin and PPR for what you are doing for our art! You’ve turned into one of the finest groups in the country!
– Jason Wells, Handbell Clinician and Music Director of Ring of Fire
I wholeheartedly support the Pikes Peak Ringers. They work in the totally professional arena: 1. They have wonderful music that is easy to absorb and perform. 2. They have a continually expanding repertoire from which to choose. 3. They are an absolutely delightful ensemble to work with. BRAVO to the Pikes Peak Ringers!
– Lawrence Leighton Smith, Music Director of the Colorado Springs Philharmonic
Performing and recording Kevin McChesney’s Ring of Fire has been one of the most exciting and rewarding projects in the history of the Chamber Orchestra of the Springs. His music speaks with deep humanity and joy. Kevin’s artistic generosity has changed the art of handbells forever.
– Thomas Wilson, Music Director, Chamber Orchestra of the Springs Associate Conductor, Colorado Springs Philharmonic
The Pikes Peak Ringers, with their superb conductor Kevin McChesney, is a first-rate ensemble. They play with great musicality, sensitivity, and fun.
– Donald P. Jenkins, Artistic Director and Conductor, Colorado Springs Chorale
Kevin McChesney and the Pikes Peak Ringers are dedicated to performing, and promoting, the art of handbell ringing in a remarkable and spectacular musical style! A must see!!!
– Jeffery A. Hall, Handbell Clinician and Composer
My test of great handbell music is when you can just sit and listen to the music and forget that they’re bells. Pikes Peak Ringers delivers this experience above all else! What an amazing set of musicians!
– Michael Kastner, AGEHR Area XI Chair-Elect and Conductor and Clinician
There’s something undeniably special about this group, and a real electricity in the air when they perform. These wonderful musicians bring every note to life.
– Judy Shay-Burnz, Professional Voice Teacher and Performer
Their performances exude spirit and joy, and are only surpassed by musicality. Before hearing and seeing the Pikes Peak Ringers, I thought of bell choirs as an addendum to other more important music. Not so, the Pikes Peak Ringers. Under the direction of their brilliant and charismatic founder, Kevin McChesney, remind me of why it is so good to be alive!
– Robert Crowder, Co-Founder, Director, and Musical Advisor to the Colorado Springs Children’s Chorale
One of the finest ensembles I’ve had the pleasure to work with. Astonishing virtuosity, visuals, and sound. There is nothing quite like it!
– Wes Kenney, Music Director, Fort Collins Symphony
Watching the Pikes Peak Ringers in concert is like watching a ballet — all individuals blending into one polished ensemble. Every ringer’s contribution is an integral part of the entire package and the musicality and movement offers synergy so often lacking in handbell performances. An enthusiastic and visually-inspiring ensemble that is thoroughly enjoyable!
– Susan Berry, Handbell Clinician and Owner of Handbell Services
While it’s a visual treat to see this group live and watch their musicianship come to life…for this format simply allow their sounds to embrace you.
– Debbie Rice, President AGEHR, Inc.
The Pikes Peak Ringers are at once elegant and exhilarating. I would even call them captivating. You are drawn in by the beauty and perfection of their playing. They make the heart sing.
– James DeJarnette, Music Director, First Presbyterian Church, Colorado Springs, CO
The Pikes Peak Ringers is an ensemble of enviable precision that infuses the music it performs with both passion and intelligence. Bravo!
– Guy Dutra-Silveira, Principal Oboist, Colorado Springs Philharmonic Orchestra
It was wonderful to perform with a bell choir, since I think the sound of bells is the perfect complement to the sound of a flute.
– Paul Nagem, Principle Flute, Colorado Springs Philharmonic Orchestra
I always enjoy listening to the Pikes Peak Ringers but am particularly thrilled when I can go see them in concert. They have successfully combined artistic movement with their outstanding playing and musicianship and give a very exciting and enjoyable concert experience. They truly represent what a great handbell ensemble is all about.
– Michael Lamb, Director, Bells in Motion